Sunday 3 March 2019

Year 5 Camp Adair 2019


The Year 5 children have just come back from two fun-packed days at Camp Adair in beautiful Hunua. 
A huge thank you to our wonderful parent helpers and to our friendly and professional instructors at Camp Adair.
Take a look at the movie of our adventures... 
And then read what the children have to say about their experiences and how they might persuade you to have a go sometime…

*Tip - put in full screen, turn up the volume, sit back and enjoy!



Hey you there, you must go to Camp Adair. It is the most amazing place. You can do Rock Climbing, Confidence Course, Flying Kiwi and heaps more! I will suggest that you bring the oldest clothes ever because the clothes I brought are now muddy and brown! (ID)

Have you... 1. Never been camping? 2. No idea how to climb a wall? 3. Do you suck at packing? 
Well then, come to Camp Adair. It includes fun activities like kayaking, a mudslide, a glow worm walk and more! Book your place now at www.campadair.com (EF)

When we did kayaking I was surprised at how small by boat was. I thought my boat was gonna sink. But when I got in, my boat just floated, so I tried to move it with the thingy majiggys that you move your boat with and it finally moved! (DK)

Hey you! What was that you say? You've never been to Camp Adair. Well, I went with my Year 5 friends. When we hopped off the bus we were greeted by a friendly dog and then we settled into our cabins. I really want to tell you about my personal favourite. It was the kayaking and at the end, we even had a swim in the river. When we went to bed I have to admit that some people in my class snore, but I won't tell you who. (IS)

Clearly, you should be at awesome Camp Adair. One of the best camps ever! There are amazing activities like the Mudslide, the Confidence Course, Kayaking and so much more. The beds were actually quite good. WARNING: It might be too much fun. (AS)

You should go to Camp Adair. Bring your oldest set of clothes... because 75% of the Camp is mud. You might get scared, but when you see the mudslide it will turn your frown upside down. (DN)

You should take a trip to Camp Adair. It has various activities. You should sign up to go to Camp Adair. Be quick and do it NOW! There is a Burma Trail in the dark and a Glow Worm Walk through the forest. Enjoy! But before I go, let me tell you a shortened-up version of the activities... controlling a kayak around water, Initiatives is about teamwork and working together. And who doesn't like getting muddy? If you don't get muddy on the Confidence Course then you get a whole bucket of mud poured over you! (JF)

I believe that Camp Adair is the best place to go camping because the activities are AWESOME! They have river kayaking, a huge mudslide, rock climbing and different rope activities. So pack your bags and start driving to... CAMP ADAIR. (JV)

MORE WRITING TO FOLLOW - WATCH THIS SPACE






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.