Sunday 15 November 2015

Athletics at Botany Downs

Athletics day

On Friday it was athletics day. We all had to be ready in sports gear. Then we had to meet at the hall to get ready to go to our first event.  We were split into age groups and some of the school did non- competitive and some chose competitive activities.
First we did high jump. The starting height was one metre. Most of the people were able to jump that height. Then it was increased to one metre five. Most people were moaning and groaning that it was going to be too high. The highest was one metre fifteen, which four people cleared.
Nervously I was standing on the starting line waiting for the clapper to bang. Then we started to run as fast as the wind. I could hear all my friends cheering loudly - all the way to the finish line! Then I waited to see if I made it into the top 3 for the semi–final. I was so disappointed!  I finished 4th so I didn’t make the semi-finals.
Using what I learnt at ball throw practices I hoped to get through to inter schools. I was standing behind the line, hoping not to step over it, trying to focus on my technique. I pushed the ball as hard as I could and watch it fly into the air. I was really ecstatic that I came first for the 11 yr. old girls.



AM, KF & IS Room 15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.