Wednesday 23 September 2015

The Big Escape

The Big Escape

The dark suddenly stopped, blurs of colour moved around. Had I woken up? The figures finally came into good detail, my heart pounded. Was this a dream or are these children staring at me?
What’s good about me anyway?  When I was in the Andes mountains people thought I was stubborn, dumb and ugly. But now children are liking me. It was a first for feeling good about myself. I could definitely get used to this.
A thought struck me “Why am I here?” and “How can I get out of this cage? I need to keep my wings up to good health”. I stared around the cage “Where am I?” I growled. The children applaused and carried on looking at me.
My eyes scanned the cage, looking for a weak point. There it was - a golden brown handle. I dived, my head down to the position where the handle was. I opened my beak, then snapped it shut so I had a great grip. I leaned back.
“Look, the peregrine falcon is trying to get out!“ said a student in amazement.
“Stand back class!” shouted the teacher in a firm voice.
If leaning back wouldn’t work I guess I would have to push forward. I gathered my strength, sent it to my legs. Three, two, one, I pushed. I hurtled through the air.
“I am free!” I cried. I headed towards the window. As I reached outside, I ascended through the air past sky scrapers to just normal buildings. I suddenly stopped.

”Noooooo! Where am I”?   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.